Official SPLAT thread
SPLAT is a gap jumping contest, winner will get skibladezzz, and there will almost assuredly be some other prizes along the way!
1. You have to jump and ride out of a gap as defined below:
If your gap does not have an obstacle you are clearing, it must have: A defined takeoff zone, a low point between the takeoff and landing, and a Lip (not a knuckle) on the landing. A disaster will be considered a gap if you are gapping at least two kinks on a rail and landing will be the spot in which you land on the rail, not the end of the rail. A park jump does not count, nor does a straight cliff.
2. One point for will be awarded for every 5 feet gapped
3. Gap size will be determined by the poster first, judge (myself) and members second if necessary (as in you're overestimating or underestimating).
4. Points may only be earned on the same gap once per season per competitor, but you may submit as many different gaps as you would like for this competition. Your total score is a cumulative total of your submissions on the year.
5. Gap is measured from takeoff to landing
6. All footage must be from this season
7. Multipliers: 1.25x multiplier for a gap over a harmful, but not deadly (to you) obstacle (a rope, or cattrack or jerry)
1.5x multiplier for a gap over a harmful and potentially deadly obstacle (road or stream or crevasse)
Competition Start Date: Dec 1st
Competition End Date: May 1st
Submissions are through the thread only, Leaderboard is based on your username
1.Idahoe: 3 pts
Gram for competiton highlights: @splat_ski
**This thread was edited on Oct 12th 2019 at 1:34:36am
**This thread was edited on Oct 12th 2019 at 1:35:15am
**This thread was edited on Oct 12th 2019 at 2:40:36am
**This thread was edited on Oct 14th 2019 at 1:10:53pm
**This thread was edited on Oct 14th 2019 at 1:15:15pm
**This thread was edited on Oct 14th 2019 at 1:48:23pm
**This thread was edited on Nov 9th 2019 at 5:31:49pm
**This thread was edited on Nov 20th 2019 at 2:09:47pm
**This thread was edited on Dec 11th 2019 at 6:28:16pm
**This thread was edited on Dec 12th 2019 at 5:27:30pm
**This thread was edited on Dec 15th 2019 at 11:49:50pm