Im looking to get a new pair of skis in the mid 100 waist width range. Here is some background info on me to help you figure out what I need / what Im looking for. Im 23 years old, 1.78 meters tall (5ft 10) and weigh 70kgs (155lbs). I started skiing this season after not having skied since I was 11 years old or something and I managed to get approximately 15 days of skiing. I believe I have had a good teacher (close friend of mine who has been skiing all his life) so to understand my ski level and help me pick a ski, here are some things about me:
- I believe I can carve decently
- I can do some mediocre shifties / safety grabs on park jumps and some mid af 180s on side hits.
- I can drop off some small but decently steep cliffs in backcountry
- I once managed to go 105 km/h in a straight line without dying.
Currently Im a skiing on a pair of Volkl Revolt 95s 172 cm height. After having skied for 15 days on these skis I realized these skis are a bit too narrow for my tastes and a bit too much for park skiing. Id like to get something in the mid 100 range so I can be fine in park n groomers but also go easily through powder which I realized is what I am mainly interested in after skiing this season. So here is a list of what I do / I would like to do:
- Backcountry > Park
- I like jibbing & buttering. (I suck at it but its something I would want to improve so Id like a ski that I can work on it)
- I wanna be able to charge / go ham in powder but as stated above, I also want the ski to be playful.
- I live in Greece where we mainly get slushy snow.
Skis I am currently looking at: Line SFBs, Faction Candides 2.0, Faction Prodigy 3.0, K2 Reckoner 102 or Mindbender 108.
Open to any suggestions except from USA skis cause thats gonna be too much to ship them to europe so unfortunately no j-skis or on3ps etc.
Thanks and plz halp.