LukeTheWaffleGame is sick, Personally i prefer playing with lower settings, as theres less but, but here is my feedback
1. the blunt grab doesnt work, he misses the grab everytime
2. When on the rail, could you alter the jump height, and also make nollies work, so it could be more real?
3. Physics. the physics are good, but if you let go of the stick, you instantly stop the rotation. I feel like a phsics engine would help the game drastically
4. on rails, the pedalling is based off of yhe players rotation. this should be changed to be based on the downhill ski, because when your doing continuing swaps, your ski just ends up going through the rail
5. oh yea, can you even crash XD
Besides that this game is fucking amazing, i love the air tricks, and doing cork and zero spin nosebonks, so big ups!
1. Yeah the grabs, not only the blunt, needs some editing.
2. Maby a solution to this would be to add a setting where you can change the jump height in the pause menu.
3. I have fixed this now. If you stop rotating mid air you will continue to rotate untill you land.
4. Yeah, I think I need to have different animations for the rails depending on the width of the rail to avoid the skis going through the rail.
5. I am currently working on fixing the crash function, the problem I had was that I set the direction vector on each take off based on the rotation of the character and not taking the velocity into account. This made it so that if you were 90degrees rotated on a rail when you jump off it the function did not compensate for the 90 degrees. I think I have fixed this now, will try it out tonight if I have the time.
ZypherNo problemos so far with a wired xbox one controller. Sometimes you need to download/update software on your pc to make it work so maybe there is an updated version?
Otherewise, the game.
Super easy to learn controls
Very well made, love the skier model and all the smaller motions that make it seem more realistic (ex. skiing switch and such)
Map is awesome
Love the speed monitor and bar
Skier maybe locks onto rails maybe too easily? Just being nitpicky here
Blunt/tail grabs are a bit off
Skier cant wipe out, not a con at all but it would be nice to see a ragdoll feature if you dont land perfectly
Butter animation could use a but more pressing instead of staying perfectly upright - think shredsauce.
To my man Martin,
You got no idea how awesome it is to see somebody not only working on a ski game in their free time but also making it available to others for free as well. As a first sorta foray into this type of game, its fucking killer man. No matter what happens with reviews or how tough it gets, just know that we as a community are thankful and supportive of what you have done here man. Ill definitely be dropping a few bucks to your new PC fund haha.
Hey thanks a lot man for the kind words! You have no idea how glad I get from reading things like this. I will defenetly update the butter animation. If you choose to donate do you think you could send me a message after and telling me that you have donated so I can check if the donation feature works?
Jesse_This is extremely hopefull and probably a bad questions but will we ever see a mobile port of the game? I'd pay some decent money for that.
I dont want to say never but right now I wil focus on the computer version but if there is time it would be really cool to make a mobile game aswell :)
JRUNN18when i open in 7zip and try to open the newskigame_testversion i get couldnt open snewskigametestdemo () returned 2
is there a specific way is hould be opening it or with a specific app? i ahev a strong gaming rig so i know it has nothing to do with my computer
**This post was edited on Aug 30th 2018 at 12:02:33am
I dont now why it crashes, have you tried using winrar to extract the downloaded rar file and than launch the game?
HogolordWill you be able to use keyboard to play?
Looks so good
I have been thinking about adding keyboard controls but the problem that I have with it is that you can not choose how fast you want to rotate since a keyboard only have input 1 or 0 while a thumbstick on a crontroller have the entire range from 1 to 0.
_newschooler_720This is pretty random but it would be cool if you made it so you have the option to ride a lift in the game to get back to the top. idk but I've always wanted a game you can do that but I'm not a game dev so I don't know if that would be pretty hard or not to bad I would love this game so much if this was possible though
Adding a lift that you can ride would not be any problem I can add it to the demo :)