Do you shoot stills, video, or ski? Want a chance to win some free gear and get your creative work/skiing in front of the mnrepshow.com audience? Well here is your chance in the first ever ”MNREPSHOW.COM Video/Photo/Skier Contest”. Here is the lowdown on the contest.
Since we are a small entity and not sure on the number of entries we will receive we encourage you to enter! Criteria for judging will be creativity, story, and uniqueness in how you capture Minnesota / Skiing through video or photo. We want to see what representing Minnesota looks like through your creative eye. Judges may be swayed if you show a piece of Inspired apparel like a t-shirt or facemask on persons in your entry. Videos/photos can be of skiing or anything else that makes you think Minnesota, just be sure we can understand what’s happening ie. story. Prizes will be given out for the following categories: Best Video, Best Photo, Best Skier. Another reason you may want to enter is that the Inspired Minnesota crew is looking for hardworking, creative, passionate; videographers, photographers, and skiers in Minnesota to collaborate together with on projects/shows in the near future. While we encourage you to create new works of video or photo, if you’ve already put together a season edit of yourself enter it (as long as under 2.5 minutes). For photography we don’t care when you took the picture, just make sure it is indeed your creative work if it’s an older one!
1. Must be shot partly in Minnesota. Contest entry open to everyone.
2. Photographers limited to 5 photo entries. Prize given seeks to award the person behind the lens, not the skier/fisher/actor etc… Admit photos you pushed the button for.
3. Videos limited to 2.5 minutes or less. Skier’s entry will reward the skier being shown. Video entries will reward the video maker. Please note in your entry email names and categories of the entrants in the video.
4. One entry per person, per category. If you are into video, photo, and skiing enter them all. Example, a video focusing on / featuring an individual skier will automatically enter that skier into the skier category category, it also enters the video’s maker. Skier self edit equals entry into both. An entry featuring fishing, biking, and skiing will enter the video maker into the video category. Our goal is to reward a creative person responsible for making a great video while also rewarding a sick skier in the skier category.
5. Contest entry deadline July 31, 2012. Winners announced Friday, August 3rd, 2012. (Rules and regulations subject to change according to mnrepshow.com staff. Changes will only be made to clarify things we forgot to mention already. Prizes & Categories will remain the same.)
How to enter.
1. Videos: upload your entry to vimeo or youtube with “@mnrepshow contest” in the title. Send link of your video to email@example.com with “mnrepshow contest” in the email subject. Include your name and what category you wish to enter.
2. Photos: Send up to 5 photos, 5mb max per photo, with “mnrepshow contest” in the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. As we start receiving entries we will post them to www.mnrepshow.com where we will take note of number of likes on each post, so the earlier you get your entry in, the more time you have to share it. However the final call on who wins each category will be up to mnrepshow.com staff and a few surprise industry judges.
Best Video – Jiberish Backpack
Best Photo – Simon Dumont Oakley Splice Goggles
Best Skier – Bern Helmet (medium)