Lawsuit over Jay Peak condo burns
Posted: May 10, 2012 5:08 AM EDT Updated: May 10, 2012 9:56 AM EDT
By WCAX News - bio | email
JAY, Vt. -
A New York man is suing Jay Peak resort after his 11-month-old son was badly burned inside a condo near the ski area.
Steve Kleiman says his son grabbed the glass front of a gas fireplace during a stay in 2006.
The toddler's hands allegedly fused to the glass. He was rushed to the hospital. The condo was owned by a family in Quebec but managed by Jay Peak.
According to the Caledonia County Record, the family is now suing the resort, alleging that officials did not warn them about the dangers of the fireplace.
They say the boy is permanently disfigured.