I feel that there has been outrageous amounts of n00b calling lately. Sort of like name calling but people calling people out for being n00bs. And yes the Noob's guide to NS is briliant and every new member should and needs to read it. But since that kind of fails alot here's a few things i'd like to address that could help things out.
1) I hate how people spell noob like i did above with the zeros and shit, i just did that show how stupid it is. you have to go out of your way to press numbers instead of letters so thats like going out of your way to make a mockary of someone=not cool. and its just annoying to read it like that
2) I understand there are alot of new members out there trying buy/sell/trade stuff that are really bad at post legit threads and acting appropriately under the rules.. but we gotta take it easy on them, for example i just read a thread that went like this. original post from someone with 6 posts :want to sell my skis message me for pics second post: post pics in fucking n00b!! hows that for a big friendly hello. i feel a hey if you post pictures here in the thread more people are typically interested in buying would have sufficed, maybe could've even thrown in a welcome to NS! or if you're feeling nice how bout an: also if you have any other troubles or questions just pm (personal message) me.
3) This problem extends beyond b/s/t though, in gear talk alot and sg. Yes, i understand that there's sticky's in every forum and new members continue to ignore them but lets not beat them up for it, if they ask a stupid question like spk's or fulltilts, instead of ripping them a new one say they fit way different take a look at the boot buying sticky at the top of the page.
4) I get the feeling that alot of members on here are trying to measure their dick by how much hate they put out and how badly they put "n00bs" back in their place. Thats stupid, if anything i look down upon people that harass new members.
5) Alot of the member I see hating on new members are in the 200-600 post range that have been members from anywhere from 1-6 months. now thats just generalizing, but i'm guessing that 99% of the people reading this is not in that generalized population. so,,, How to change this, I would guess seasoned members could intervene with responding to hate posts with posts like chill down man, honest mistake and proceed to give correct and kind information.
6) Don't scream SEARCHBAR!!! I know there's always threads about how seachbars nazi's should it take it easy, but i feel that still needs to be addressed. for one thing, maybe the person didn't find exactly what they're looking for in the searchbar or its all piled up with meaningless old sale threads. but mainly before you go shove search bar down their throats search for what they're asking about and see if you can find helpful threads and post links to them and just say hey i found these threads using the search bar i think they could be useful to you.
With all this said I do agree there is a time and place when you can open your mouth and tear into someone, but i feel that that time and place is becoming way too often and everywhere i look. sure if someone is cocky and gives a bullshit answer to a question go ahead and eat them. but like i said there's a time and place for it and that needs to be figured out. Sure i've talked some shit before and I know for a fact alot of people probably don't like me, but lets put that aside and welcome new members kindly. cuz lets face it NS is labeled. To me its labeled as a great skiing community where great things happen that could never have even been thought of without NS. But we don't wan NS to get the label as exclusive, rude, obnoxious and mean among new (or would be new if we hadn't chased them away) members. I don't want NS to get that label with the next generation of skiers and I'm guessing you don't either.