The Orage Capital Huck and Chuck Big Air Contest
Where: Camp Fortune, National Capital Outaouais region.
When: March 29, 2003
Why: Because It’s Going to be Sick!!
The second Orage Capital Huck and Chuck will be taking place at Camp Fortune (12 min. North of Ottawa) in the Gatineau hills. The first of this two event series (Feb. 15, 2003), despite the –30 weather was a tremendous success complete with sick air, excellent beats, wicked prizing and celebrity judges like Dave Crichton and Jeff Bean. There were 30 competitors and over 150 spectators, every competitor walked away with a prize. With more than $5000 in cash and prizes and the promise of warmer weather the March 29th event promises to be a great one!
The Orage Capital Huck and Chuck is presented by:
Orage Clothing, 106.9 the Bear, Camp Fortune, Volkl, Line, Laikus Smith, Pro-tek, Tommy and Lefebvre and Newschoolers.com
Site designer: Mike Crichton
· 8:30am – registration opens in main lodge
· 9:30am – registration closes
· 9:30am -10:45am – open practice
· 11:00am -12:30pm–qualifying round (best 1 of 2)
· 12:30pm - 1:15pm – lunch break
· 1:15pm – 2:00pm - training
· 2:00pm – final round begins
· 3:30pm – awards ceremony at main lodge
Format: Best 1 of 2 for qualifying; 3 categories as follows:
· Under 16
· 16 and over
· Women’s open.
Finals: top 6 or 8 in each category advance (dependent on the number of registered athletes). Finals will be best 2 of 3.
1st place senior: $700 cash + Jeff Bean Olympic suit
2nd place senior: $200 cash + Pro-Tec helmet
3rd place senior: $100 cash + Smith Goggles
1st place junior: Orage coat
2nd place junior: Pro-Tec helmet
3rd place junior: Smith goggles
Women’s Prizing: TBD
Door prizes include twin-tip skis, helmets, t-shirts, wallets, goggles, and more. Prize value is over $5000 retail.
For more information please contact:
· Mike Ketcheson (613) 786-2619 x 224 or email@example.com
· Kim Guntzel (613) 241-3602 x 2 or KimberleyGuntzel@sprint.ca
· Mike Crichton (613) 371-5464 or firstname.lastname@example.org