**PLEASE ALLOW A COUPLE MINUTES FOR PHOTOS TO LOAD**We arrived back in Salt Lake from the midwest around the 7th or 8th of January and decided to immediately try to get some more shots in the backcountry. At first, the snow in the Wasatch was pretty thin and it left us with very minimal options. Giray Dadali and I were still able to find a couple of quick hits to set up.

Girays new Line Blends chillin against the trailer.
Giray boosting this little hit.After one hit on this feature, Giray decided to pack out a lip on the backside to try to get a few shots. The snow was not very soft or deep, but it still worked out fine...
Shovel Toss
Giray DadaliAfter around a week in Utah we heard of the possibility of a huge storm coming towards Tahoe. They were calling for up to ten feet over the course of the week, so we knew we had to head out there. So, I picked up Luke Perinearly sunday morning and we began our drive towards Tahoe and a massive storm system. On our way there we ran into some money complications. With the banks being closed, and my debit card being closed (due to my stupidity ofbelieving that I lost it or it got stolen), we made our treck with only 90 dollars for gas. Might seem like a lot, but a 550 mile drive while towing a snowmobile usually costs more then this. Luke and I made the drive whilegoing only 65 most of the way. This turned a normal 8 or 9 hour drive into 11 hours. Thankfully, we finally made it to Reno and met up with Cameron Fair of the VisualCollective. On the first day in Tahoe, we decided to hike out in the Donner area to see what we could find. The snow was not too deep, but a massive storm was rolling in. By the time we made it to a feature we wanted to hit, the storm rolled in at full strength and visibility became less then 200 feet. We still tried to hit the tressel but Luke ended up not being able to see the landing.
Hiking out to the spot out at Donner. Notice the sketchy Icicles hanging from the ceiling.
Cameron and Luke are Ghosts!
Luke trying to spot out the landing.
Just sending it regardless of the visibility.
Cameron leaning on the wall while Luke shovels from the top for the wall ride.
Watching it snow.Our second day there we didnt make it out on snow. The storm rolled in and we had some major sled issues to fix. Back in Utah on the previous day, the A-Arm's and shock on my sled gave out. This actually happened a few miles deep in the backcountry and it took Giray and around 4 hours just to get the snowmobile back to the car. During that adventure, we found out why scott polls are so expensive. Anyways,we spent the second day replacing some parts that came from the totaled snowmobile. At least that thing is still good forsomething. Day Three was calm in the morning. Not too much fresh snow yet, so we went out to a zone to build a jump. We got out to the spot and built a nice looking cheese wedge. Right as we were finishing up another storm began to rollin. The winds picked up and it started puking, so we got out of there. Day Four started with snowy skies and several feet of fresh snow. We headed back to the zone where the jump we built the previous day was. It was an adventure breaking trail and getting to it, but we still arrived at it nice and early in the morning. When we got there, one of us decided they wanted totry to lap the jump on the sleds rather then hike. Since we arrived ontop of the jump spot, one of us decided to try to get to the bottom of it inthe deep snow. Basically that mistake ended up costing us the entire dayof trying to get him back out. Another unsuccessful day. Day Five. The storm briefly broke and we decided to ditch the sleds and just get pillow shots. We hit a couple different lines that were all sick,and it was finally after multiple hard working unsuccessful days, we got someshots.
Pillows and Powda!
Luke Perin slaying one of the double stages we hit this day. The next day we got up at 4 am to roll out to Blue Lakes with the sleds. The snow was deep. Im talking around 70-90 inches of fresh from the beginning of the week. We knew that the snowmobiling would be nearly impossible, so we decided to build a jump we knew of a short hike off the groomed sled trail. The morning started off rough with my belt on my sled finally giving out. That was a quick 5 minute fix though. We finally arrived at our jump after a 15 minute sled ride and a 45 minute hike up chest deep snow. After around 3 hours of building, some forest service rangers started heading our way. Apparently according to them “building and maintaining jumps on forest service property is illegal.” Good thing we all pay taxes to these power tripping pricks. If you don’t know, what that guy said was complete and total BS. They ended up tearing our jump down and began trying to fineus 200 dollars for pretty much no reason. Just another ruined day.
Unloading the sleds at sunrise.
The sun was trying to come out in the morning, but it just kept puking. Luke Perin with his new ON3P BIlly Goats.With thel uck being what it was, Luke and I decided to head back to Utah to try to get more shots there. The rest of the month turned out awesome in Utah. We didn’t get a million shots a day, but the footage racked up nicely. Just check out some of the pictures below…
This day was the definition of blue bird.
Looking down Little Cottonwood
Giray Dadali
Giray pumped on a lil tree gap
Hand drag
Giray Dadali
John Ware on the left. Matt Heffernan on the right.
Heff's first backcountry jump turned out pretty successful.
Trying a 180 for fun.
John Ware thinking of what to do.
Dont think this is what he had in mind.
John Ware
Gettin all "SHRIMPY" for fun.
John Ware. Epic.While my roommate, Vinny Mauro, and I were up scoping some stuff out one day, we came across a fun spot to get some sled shots in...
Vinny brappin'
Now you might know why I dont ski or ride much anymore...
Fun times...
Withstorms slamming the East Coast, a few of us were determined to head outeast. Our original plan was DC,but it ended up no one could go due to the Aspen Open. With hope running out on a DC trip, wenoticed that Pennsylvania and Ohio were getting hammered with snow. Needless to say, that’s where MattHeffernan and I find ourselves at this very moment. Next blog update to be from this East Coast/ Midwest Urban trip. For those of you that do not know yet, Scott Klumb (ScooterLapooter) is now working with (not for) me at D.O.S. Media. Be sure to keep an eye out for our collaborated product next fall. The teaser is only a couple months away from dropping too!Take it easy.-BentleyAtteberry.