The final FIS Big Air of the season went down in Quebec this evening and the finals were suitably insane. The ladies contest was arguably a bit underwhelming, largely thanks to many of the big name riders opting out as a result of injuries and/or post-olympic hangovers. Only four ladies started the finals, which turned into something of a straight shootout between Dara Howell and Silvia Bertagna. Dara ultimately took the win courtesy of a switch right 7 tweaked safety and a switch left 10, with Silvia settling for second. Megan Cressy rounded out the podium with a switch 5 mute.
On the men's side, grab combos came to the fore, perhaps as a direct result of Oystein's recent success at both X-Games and the Olympics. Things also got very sendy though with Elias Ambuhl and Christian Nummedal dropping triples, though Elias took his to the bottom and crashed hard on the rideout. Ultimately it was Christian who took the win with a switch dub 14 mute to japan and a triple 16 safety.
Run 1 Highlights:
- Mac Forehand: switch dub 14 tail.
- Hugo Burvall: nosebutter dub 12 tail
- Elias Ambuhl: double cork 12 tail to tail.
- Evan McEachran: switch dub 14 tail to japan
- Max Moffat: switch dub 10 true nose
Run 2 Highlights:
- Christian Nummedal: Switch dub 14 mute to Japan
- Elias Ambuhl: Switch dub 14 tail to tail (94.4, biggest score - McEachran: Dub 12 with his trademark nose/tail grab
- Teal Harle: Dub 9 high safety (his unique rotation)
Run 3 Highlights:
- Christian Nummedal: Left triple 1620 safety (to pole whip). 95.8
- Hugo Burvall: Switch dub 14 tail (super locked grab)
- Teal Harle: Switch dub 7 high safety.
- Elias Ambuhl: Switch double (maybe triple wobble 12).
1. Christian Nummedal
2. Hugo Burvall
3. Teal Harle
This result also concludes the World Cup for the season and Christian also takes the overall win: