I have head race boots and wear shin pads (gel like material). However, I have too much shin pain to go for any actual tricks or even brake on snow when there’s bumps. Is there any way to prevent my shins from bring sore?
Welcome to the Newschoolers forums! You may read the forums as a guest, however you must be a registered member to post. Register to become a member today!
shin-bangIt’s taken me about 5 years to
mitigate my shin bang. I still get it but not nearly as bad.
1. proper fitting boots. Go to a boot fitter. 2 finger shell fit is too big.
2. work on form. Take one of your poles and hold it horizontally with your arms out front. You look super dumb but it really helps keep be out of the back seat. Not sure if that’s descriptive enough but it’s a drill for arm position/posture.
3. hit the gym. Focus on legs and calves. In turn this will also strengthen your shin muscles. You can also do shin specific exercises. You’ll be stomping a lot more landings as well
4. Get booster straps. They help.
5. don’t be stupid when the conditions are hard/not good. Ie, don’t be sending stuff when it’s not good snow. If I do this it’s a guarantee ill get bang.