I got these sweet ON3P Kartels (108 x 191cm) this year and was trying to save on bindings, so I snagged some lightly used Salomon STH2 16s.
- Mounted @ recommended for 30.5 FT's.
- I'm 6'3", 220 lbs.
- I wipe out in the park a fair amount and send medium cliffs.
- Shop that mounted these said the DIN readings were a bit off, but bindings were in good shape. Set me @ 11.
- I was pre-releasing constantly, so cranked them up to ~13-14.
- Under-rotated on the landing of a medium 360.
- Per the pic, the up-hill toe piece was obliterated.
- Salomon doesn't honor any kind of warranty bc I'm not the original buyer.
- Most stores and online retailers I've reached out to don't have any bindings left w/ DINs in the 16-18 range.
Trying to figure out:
- Is this expected when you have the DIN's set pretty high on a binding like this?
- How do I get these sick skis rideable for my next trip in 2 weeks?
- Can I just replace the toe piece on these? Or should I not trust these bindings anymore? How do you procure just a toe piece?
- Will Atomic STH2 bindings fit in the same screw holes and should this be a consideration?
- Do I just need to stick to 18-DIN bindings? I have real old pivot 18s on some powder skis and Head Mojo 18s on my old park skis.
- Looking for some advice on best actions. I hate spending $$ on bindings, but really don't want to break a binding like this out in the woods or miss another day w/ broken gear. I want to make sure my new 1-ski quiver stays rideable.
- My old pivot 18s or head mojo 18s: both have seemed a bit sketch on the mountain in past years, but i haven't had a shop test them in a while.
- New Pivot 18s $320: https://www.backcountry.com/look-pivot-18-ski-binding?skid=DYN006N-ONECOL-S95MM&ti=U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM6c2tpIGJpbmRpbmdzOjE6Mjpza2kgYmluZGluZ3M=
- Tryolia Attack 18 Freeski $320: https://www.backcountry.com/look-pivot-18-ski-binding?skid=DYN006N-ONECOL-S95MM&ti=U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM6c2tpIGJpbmRpbmdzOjE6Mjpza2kgYmluZGluZ3M=
- Atomic STH2 WTR 16 $210: https://www.backcountry.com/atomic-sth2-16-wtr-ski-binding?skid=ATO004F-GUNMET-S130MM&ti=U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM6c2tpIGJpbmRpbmdzOjE6MTk6c2tpIGJpbmRpbmdz#
Any insight is appreciated. Thanks