***TLDR: should I get a Canon T3i
howdy digital artists of NS
I'm taking Photo 2450 This semester and Want to invest in a better camera. I have my moms old Nikon D40 right now. It worked for learning the basics on, but its dogshit compared to the recommended rigs for this class. i.e
"Required Equipment & Materials
-Digital SLR with a “normal” lens or normal range zoom lens, capable of full manual controls and RAW image capture; at least 12mp file size (ie, a Canon Rebel T3i-T7i or better; Nikon D3500/5300/5500 or better; Sony Alpha family, Pentax K70/KP"
In addition to using this camera for class, I want to start shooting some skiing in the future
1. Id preferably want to spend under $300 but could spend more if necessary.
2. I know the basics of manual settings. have taken a few photo and editing classes in HS.
3. as for gear I have a tripod and the Camera stated earlier. (nikon 18-55mm lens) *
4. Not entirely focused on shooting skiing but probably hike and tripod and some follow cams
5. I personally have a MacBook Pro 2012 2.4GHz 15 that I upgraded with 16gb ram and 500gb ssd.
6. I have Photoshop, Final Cut Pro. Id say I'm about a 5/10 in photoshop expertise and a 3/10 in Final Cut.
So what low budget rig would you recommend for a mid level photo course, that would be adequate for filming a little skiing?
Where would you recommend buying from?
whats a good deal?
what should I stay away from?
are Refurbished cameras good?
Thanks if you actually read all this
https://www.newschoolers.com/videos/watch/920315/Head-Hunters---Herbie-Hancock---1973---Full-Albumheres some smooth tunes to enjoy whilst reading