Hi guys, looking for some advice as to which camera I should get, predominately for video. i've filled out the little questionnaire below.
I travel a lot so the idea of a more compact mirrorless camera is much more appealing. a few cameras I have come across in a few forums are the gh4/5, sony a7s ii, sony a7r iii but I would like your ideas/experience on things specifically skiing (followcam). is a full frame camera a significantly better option? i understand the a7riii is more based towards photography but how does it perform on the video side of things? could be inclined to sell my 6d and just have a single camera for both still and video. just for ease of travel. also what is the ideal focal length of lenses for followcams? (full frame)
1) What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future?
Not too keen spend more than $4000 total (AUD)
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own?
I have a canon 6d with a canon 24-105 & a sigma 12-24 but only used for stills. only ever used
3) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
6d, couple film cameras, tripod
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc)
going to start using it for ski follow cams in the park, travelling and short movies and see if i like the whole process and possibly progress to paid video work (ideally)
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
bit of both
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc)
looking for predominately follow cams