Hey All, first of all thank you for your time reading this and replying.
I have been skiing for about 5 years (before that i only did few years when i was a little kid)
Currently i have pair of K2 Revival Skis + Marker Griffon Schizo Bindings 2011, the skis have done their job and those things are bombproof.
I primarily ski piste and powder, do like to hit jumps once in a while and if there is anything natural around I'm a big fan.
I would say i spend 75% on piste, the other 25% is powder and jumps (issue here is there is rarely jumps let alone parks around here, just not a big thing)
My issue with the skis is:
They are getting old and battered, I still have the edges but there is slowly getting to the end of the line, a lot of chips and catches on them - getting them out would be just too much effort or just too expensive.
The other big downside is those things are just too dam heavy, like really even carrying them for more than few minutes kills my shoulder or hands
Ideally I'm looking for something i can use for riding, with a nice wide waist so i don't sink in the powder, and lightweight - this last part is probably the more important one for me, combined weight of skis and bindings should be reasonable. Having twin tips is not essential, my skills at going backwards are low as they can get, but wouldn't go against it - there is always time to learn,
As for me I'm 178cm and around 70 - 73 kg (depends how much beer i drink on the mountain :PPP )
Any suggestions would be great, they don't have to be this seasons skis - I'm happy with out of season stuff since that will just be cheaper to get
EDIT: Im in EU, so mostly in Alps, Switzerland + Austria, sometimes get out to Italy
EDIT2: I have been intensly looking at the skis, I like the sound of Armada ARV 96, 106 - with 106 I found a pair from last seson for decent price, issue i have is the length, 96 just cant find them in any online store :((
Also what are peoples opinions on Armada Tracer 98 and 108?
All the mentioned above come in 172 apart from ARV 96 which are 170 which I think is somewhat the length i would want to get - just don't feel confident that longer will be better for general all purpose
**This thread was edited on Feb 13th 2018 at 2:34:10pm
**This thread was edited on Feb 14th 2018 at 7:38:35am