Looking to get a camera for next season and want advice from somebody who has more experience than me. Only interested in video. It will be for backcountry skiing, so interested in something lighter and easier to shoot with than a DSLR. Looking for something that can shoot quality videos in variable light conditions (stormy ski day to sunny ski day). I want something that can be used with a tripod to shoot with a decent zoom, but also would be nice to have the variability to shoot something more wide angle as well.
Important pieces: small, light, quick and easy to shoot
1) What is your budget?
2) What experience do you already have with cameras?
Shot a decent amount of video on canon t2i. Used manual settings. Example edit - https://vimeo.com/124170676
2) What gear, if any, do you currently have?
Want to get a better tripod.
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera?
Only for shooting video backcountry skiing.
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you?
Yes ease of use is important.
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot?
Set up with a tripod from far shots from the bottom of a run, and whipping it out real quick for close up shots as well.