Before I say anything else: I've been fitted and I know what fits. What I'm looking for is a salomon xmax 100 in a 24.5, which seems to be one of the few options for a boot that's narrow and tight fitting but not 130 flex. It fits snugly and flexes nicely. I'm pretty set on getting this. I genuinely do have a 98mm last as well, so I'm not trying to cram into tight boots. I tried the girls ones on which are the same shell, but apparently with a shorter and wider cuff. If not for that I'd just get the girls ones because I really don't care, plus I like the teal and white anyway.
The issue is that I'm looking for a mens 24.5. It exists, but nobody has it. The other issue is that I'm wondering if I should wait it out and see if I can avoid paying $500 for the boots right now and buy them in the off season. There's not all that many ski shops around here. The one shop that's actually decent is going to call and see if they can even get them for me from their warehouse or whatever.
I figure that since nobody stocks mens boots in 24.5 and salomon probably doesn't make tons of these, there's not gonna be any hanging around online or in the sale section of a store come summer. So it seems like waiting won't really get me anywhere in terms of a better price. Even on evo, the lowest size they have listed is the 25.5. So what does NS think? If I wait will I just be skiing in worse fitting boots for more time than I need to, or will I actually be able to find these at a discount in the summer?