1) What is your budget? We'll budget is flexible but rather cheap, could probably let go $5-6hundred if need be, will be able to invest more later.
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Very little, I have owned a Cannon G10 for a few years but It just died a couple weeks ago. I take a fair few pictures but nothing to crazy.
2) What gear, if any, do you currently have? I have a Go-Pro haha thats about it.
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? Mostly Skiing/Landscape and traveling pictures and some film. Zoom is very important to me for scoping future lines and getting the shot from ridges opposite of the line. With the Nex6 sony makes a 55-210mm lens that works with it. as someone that has no experience outside of point and shoot, obviously that's a lot of zoom but how will it fair at reasonable close range, I'm talking 20-30feet none of that flower picture bullshit.
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming? Doesn't matter here, my friends will learn eventually as well.
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc) All of the above except follow cams.
7) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics, such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great. when i can i just use my moms Imac, seems to be pretty nifty.
7) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout) Imovie lmao, hoping to move past that I'm decent with computers and after making a couple super sub par go-pro edits I really enjoyed the process and would like to get more in depth and produce a higher quality product!