I realize that you may get annoyed because this question is asked quite frequently, but I was wondering what camera I should get for what I am looking to do. I just saw a 'criteria' for this, so here it is below.
1) What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future?
I am willing to spend a max $2000.
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own?
I have filmed my friends skiing a lot, although I have never had my own camera. I probably use my friends cameras more than them because they like the way I film. So basically I do have experience with cameras.
2) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc)
I mainly want to shoot action sports. (Skiing/boarding, skateboarding etc...)
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
I will most likely be the only one shooting with the camera.
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc)
I will do follow cams (getting a glide cam). I also have a tripod that I will use.
7) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics, such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great.
Mac book pro
7) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout)
Only have iMovie right now, but looking to Upgrade, any suggestions?