About a year ago or so I bought these Line Afterbangs off my buddy. For the most part I have been really enjoying them but after a while the graphics started to bother me a bit just because they were a bit to "loud" So I decided to tone them down a bit.
I decided to take of the top layer by taking an electric sander to the top sheet until it was completely gone and was only a Blank wood design.
After taking to top sheet off they were looking a bit dull and faded so I took some wood varnish I found a work and applied it to the ski making it look more glossy and darker.
I then put 5 coats of lacquer on the new top sheet to protect wood top sheet form liquid and other damage. I also thought it would be a pretty sweet idea to spray paint my bindings because they were starting to look pretty beat up so I gave them a black matte colour. After I spray painted the bindings I followed up by covering them with 2 clear protective coats to make sure the black colour would last.
Here is the final product!
I am really happy with how they turned out and cant wait to bring them up the hill!
feel free to ask any questions.