It'd be awesome if we could create some sort of guide that would focus on everything you need to know to film skiing. We all know that there is information scattered all over YouTube, Google, Blog posts, Wikipedia, etc. However not much of it pertains to filming skiing specifically.
In the guide I was thinking we could break it down into sections such as:
* General information
* Lens guides (Such as links to the vintage glass thread and a summary)
* Camera equipment that can help to improve your videos and how to use them specifically for skiing(Stabilizers, mics, ND filters, etc.)
* How to edit your skiing videos (there is an old thread where hkn posted a ton of tips, now it's buried forever. Here is a link: https://www.newschoolers.com/forum/thread/773816/Critique--+K-)
* How to film on hill (Follow cam tips, framing your shots, using ND filters, etc.)
If we could get some guys together we could put together a pretty awesome guide that would save us the constant repost of any of the following:
* What camera to get
* FCP/Premiere Pro editing tips
* What is better? FCP Vs. Premiere
* How do I color correct my footage
* How do I edit sound
* Glidecam tips
And just as an afterthought, it'd be cool to throw in photography tips as well. Such as exposure compensation, white balance, positioning yourself for the shot, etc.