Welcome to the Newschoolers forums! You may read the forums as a guest, however you must be a registered member to post. Register to become a member today!
Lou.Wasnt terrible. Skiing was pretty good. Filming was steady and smooth editing. Only critique would be to use the original song instead of that weird dubstep. Cage the elephant alone is fine for this edit. I also found the black screens right before base drops kinda cheesy. Id replace those with broll. But good job
-RB-Try and get a better angle on those follow shots and try to get more of the feature or the skier in the shot. Also, going with what Lou said, song could've been the normal version and was a little cheesy. Other than that, solid edit and hope to see more.
j.benzigerThere were only two things that really stuck out to me other than what has been said.
1. Really try to cut the trick landing before the revert if they do. I understand sometimes the skier will do it right after they land, but it was something I noticed with this skier in particular on his fs 2's out
2. The b-roll you did use was good and at the right times most of the time but i thought the boot shoot was very random and out of place. It would have made sense if the skier adjust his boots then dropped all in one shot.
Other than that it was pretty enjoyable and overall pretty smooth.
ECSTASKIslow mo and so don't go together, skiing was dope, try and better stablize your shots, the b roll build up was dope but the trick going with the drop didn't flow, try and sync that up more. Overall the edit was pretty good.
I swear I saw some other edit with the exact same shots which was sick, can you link us that edit that you guys did?
ABallsHere is my 2 cents
1. The skiing was good but there were an excessive amount of front 2s. From the other things you did im assuming that you can do some lip ons, switch ups, blindside spins etc so try and mix up the tricks.
2. I love doing one or two follow cams in an edit so maybe throw a few of those in there.
3. You tended to revert after some of the tricks off of rails, just try and ride them out a little bit longer and then cut it like the guy above said.
4. Nice stalefish 5, i love that trick
StangelDanglesome grime time front twos, grimy front 4, alright urban dropage, no steeze, knuckled or shuffled every jump, apparently shitty dub step but i didn't listen, didn't finish the gnarly rail no gnar points
1kewldewdYou should get rid of the shot at 0:40 but I liked the boot shot because those are some of the sickest boots of all time.
DorianFDecent edit overall, the only thing i noticed was that it really didnt flow as far as a story went. you had skiers hitting the urban drop, then a few more tricks, then b roll of building that urban feature. personally i think it would flow better if you had the b roll of building, then had all the shots on that feature after it. to me it just flows better and kind of tells a story.
also you never introduced the skiers. perhaps have a shot where you are all together, so we know there will be more than one in the edit ( and if it was all the same person who was wearing different clothes maybe just put their name in somewhere at the beginning so we as the audience can differentiate)
hopefully that helps, there wasnt a lot wrong with it, decent edit overall