hey guys. some shameless advertising here.
On saturday, March 8th showdown is having their big air and a slopestyle on sunday. This is the one weekend a year that showdown actually builds a decently big jump.
It would be awesome to see some bozeman, helena, etc folk come up for it. Heres some reasons why.
1. From bozo to sd, it is 111 miles, making it 10 miles shorter then bozo to great divide. (little known fact)
2. The level of competition is pretty low. (Last year the winning trick was a superman front flip, which is the same as the year before) which makes the odds of winning pretty decent.
3. Showdown is a fun place with a super laid back feel. (Imagine Bull mountain from Out Cold)
4. It gives a good excuse to travel around montana and ski somewhere you have never been before.
4. The prizes are always pretty good. Last year 1st was $300 to Scheels, Year before there was two season passes to showdown. This year (according to the sign) It looks like there is a guaranteed $10 Scheels card, a ride snowboard, 2 $100 Sams gift cards and some cash.
5. Showdown has a fuckton of snow (way more then we need)
6. There is live music in the bar after the day of riding.
Anyway, hope you guys can make it up. Its always a fun time with fun people
heres some videos from a couple years ago.