So im in college in gunnison colorado, i have a lot more free time to explore cool places and get better with my DSLR. Havent posted one of these in a while and id like to see what you guys have to say about some of my new photos! Thanks!
1. No clear focal point. The stuff in the FG detracts from the photo. The sun is too blown out
2. Uninteresting composition.
3. Why the crop? Uninteresting composition. Snapshot
4. A little better comp than the others, but still not very interesting. Look for things that will bring the viewer in to the image more, depth, rule of thirds and leading lines are common ways to do this
5. Same as 2-4
6. Landscapes are all about light and composition. Check out Adam Barker on facebook, he shoots tons of great landscapes and always share his process.
7. Butt shots are bad (most of the time) try to capture the rider's face.
8. Better comp. Try and shoot the rider against a solid background, like the sky. It will help them stand out way more and be easier to look at.
9. Why the crop? If you're trying to show the emotion try and shoot tighter, too.
10. Better comp, close down the aperture for a better sunstar maybe. Doesn't look like peak action.
11. Play around with smaller (bigger number) apertures, closing the lens down makes sunstars. Cool concept, execution could be better
12. Shoot tighter. Busy BG
13/14. You love shooting into the sun, don't you haha? It's not a bad thing though
15. Tighter. More frontal angle maybe