1) What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future?
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own?
Filmed on a gopro for two years, and spent the majority of last year filming with my friends t3i
2) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc)
I am mostly film skiing, but also would be used to film summer activities.
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
I would like to have something that my friends could use aswell
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc)
Mostly follow cams but occasionally i will film from a tripod
7) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout)
Adobe premiere pro - i am quite adequate and know how to do all the basics so probably around a 6-7
Any ideas or suggestions will receive +k