Anyways, I've been reading about the Protune feature that GoPro has now. If you haven't heard about it, here's the basics...
- 24fps frame rate, enabling GoPro HERO3 content to be easily intercut with other sources without a frame rate conversion
- 35Mbps data rate for the industry’s highest quality compressed image with virtually zero artifacts
- Neutral colour profile, allowing for greater flexibility in a colour correction workflow
- Log curve encoding, offering more detail in shadows and highlights
- Reduced sharpening and noise reduction for improved flexibility in professional post- production and colour design workflows
My question is, is it worth if for me to use Protune when I'm filming even if I dont ever do any post production work, like color grading? Seems like the higher frame rate and data rate would be ideal for ski shots.