Hey M&A... Since I can't ski at all this year I want some advice on what camera to get so I can stay somewhat sain. I will be shooting 90% Photo 10% video. I want to stay at $1000 for the body, the lens budget is already taken care of... So basically I need to know what body to get. I'll copy and paste this into here...
1) What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future?
$1000 for body. I have enough for lenses too, I will talk about those later. Yes I will continue to reinvest.
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own?
I have used DSLR's on multiple occasions. I have never owned one, but I have done tons of research and feel I am ready.
2) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc)
90% Photo 10% Video. Will shoot majority of skiing, but still will shoot other things
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
I won't let anyone use this.
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc)
I know how to use a tripod and stuff but I'm not skiing this year so it doesn't really matter how I'm skiing while filming...
7) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics, such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great.
Macbook Pro 13 inch standard whatever comes in it
7) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout)
Photoshop 6/ Lightroom 4.5
---------------------------Optional Section, for those seeking a more intensive upgrade/purchase------------------------
1) Do you think you might consider using a DSLR?
2) Do you have any knowledge about the HDSLRS?
3) Do you know the limitations to using HDSLRS?
4) Are you willing to take the time to learn about a DSLR, and how to shoot with manual lenses?
5) Again, do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
I don't want anyone else to touch it...
Now to the Lenses
I was going to buy tamron 17-50 right when I bought the body
then possibly a 50 mm
after that I might buy a sigma 10-20
last I would invest in a 70-200, some sort of telephoto
any thoughts on those?
thanks for any help!