I've been looking and am leaning towards the 60d but was just wondering what else is really good for my budget and giving lense, mic, and glidecam sudjestions would be appreciated.
1) What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future?
I'm thinking up to 1100$ not including accessories (lenses)
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own?
I have some camera and video camera experience between using my moms canon rebel something (doesn't shoot video), my gopro, and my dads Sony HDR cx130 which I filmed with all last year.
2) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
Right now I have a nice big tripod a homemade slider, am planning to make an8ft boom and planning on buying a glidecam 2000? Soon
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc)
I will be making videos of all different types of action sports
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
Most of my friends that would be using it will have some camera experience
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc)
I do mostly follow cams but some tripod filming and some leaving on a tripod and hiking(also I do this when on the tramp)
7) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics, such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great.
I currently use a 27in iMac 2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 with a one tb hard drive and may get a 2tb external hard drive
7) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout)
I am using iMovie and occasionally finalcut pro and would rate my self about a 8 with it