1. Citizen Kane-possibly the greatest story ever told, and at its time, how it was told was original in that point in time. Makes my to 10.
2. Casablanca-definately in my top 50, classical story of what kind of depression goes with love, as well as its beauty, plus set in the background of french/german morocco was a cool idea.
3. The godfather makes my top ten, easily, as well as part 2. This is the greatest saga ever envisioned.
4. Gone with the wind is so fucking overrated it makes me cry. So goddamn long, it does not make my top 100 list. However it definately was a milestone in film.
5. Lawrence of Arabia has the greatest performance of the 20th century. Though it is kinda long, it doesnt seem that way. This is my favourite movie from the 60's and before, and it makes my top 5 list. Everything in this movie was good, directing, cinematography, screenplay, editting, everything!
6. Wizard of Oz-Didnt those flying things scare the shit out of you when you first watched this movie. They did me. But besides that, nothing really special, though it is good.
7. The graduate-now this movie was really a step forward for feminism, as the only really strong character is the wife. A very innovative film at the time, with good performances, and a screenplay that leaves all other movies similar to this fall really short puts this on my top 50.
8. On the Waterfront-top 50 for sure. Marlon Brando is possibly one of the greatest actors ever, and this film is no exception. Plus, it really opened up the 'bad guy' role for more subtleties.
9. Schindlers list-great performances, good screenplay, ok directing. This movie is overrated in my opinion tho. Neeson is extremely underrated tho, and this movie will still make my top 100.
10. I have never seen singing in the rain, and i have yet to even know if the plot is more than just the title.
11. Its a wonderful life-For some reason i still love watching this movie from time to time. It was the first movie that was actually just a bunch of 'oh shit' occurances, and its very good. Top 50
12. Never seen sunset boulevard
13. Brdige on the river kwai is a good movie with an extremely good moral. Wait, scratch that, both are fantastic and EXTREMELY well directed and acted. Top 20. Watch it, and you are gonna think twice about pride.
14. Some like it hot- Why does it take so long for a real comedy to get on the top. Perhaps has the best three way chemistry of any movie ever made, and started the whole transvestite craziness thats pretty much everywhere still today. Top 100 for sure, plus finally somebody talks about munroes ass.
15. Star Wars-Fuck you, this soap opera overrated bullshit is actually before 2001? Allthough han solo does kick some ass, and darth vader really means dark father, WHOA CREATIVITY. Now all we need is some hairy beast that we can name after a texture.
16. All about Eve-never seen this one
17. African queen-i have only seen this 1/2 way through, but it looks pretty good so far.
18. Psycho-of all the hitchock movies, this one is debatably the best. Its about time a hitchcock movie got here tho, as they are mostly good(some are REALLY bad). Best horror movie ever. Top 20.
19. Chinatown-once again nicholson is a guy that most people like to not like, but he gets a nail in the nose for it. Good 'modern film noir'. top 50.
20. One flew over the cuckoos nest- I love this movie, especially the ending. He gets EXACTLY what he deserves.
Movies i would put in there instead. 2001, memento, manchurian candidate, maltese falcon, blackhawk down, thin red line, and i'll think of more, dont you worry.
Diamonds... She'll pretty much have to