It looks like you are using an ad blocker. That's okay. Who doesn't? But without advertising revenue, we can't keep making this site awesome. Click the link below for instructions on disabling adblock.
Like everyone else is saying, urban skiing is almost all prep and barely any skiing. It doesn't take too long to build a lip if you have friends. When it comes to building the lips, bring some jugs of water to ice it over if the snow is not wet. Expect a lot of bails, a lot of frustration, and not as many hits as you think you would get.. making the shot way more rewarding than any park shot. Also, as far as wax goes.. not too big of a deal unless it seems pretty sticky (I usually just use the bottom of my ski), but hockey wax seems to do the job.
1. Buy larger clothes. Urban requires 26% (on average) more gangstaness than resort skiing. Don't skimp, this is crucial.
2. Find a sketchy feature you want to hit. The sketchier the better. Ideally, the slightest fuck up should spell certain death.
3. Carry your 140 lb generator 500 yards through knee deep snow.
4. Spend way longer than you think you are going to building a lip while your friends fuck around and talk about how sick its going to be. Bring electrolight replenishing drinks because this shit sucks balls.
5. Stretch bungee. No, you didn't stretch it enough...get your girlfriend to help. No she's useless. Sack up and pull harder....
6. Fail. Fuck that hurt.
7. Fail again.
8. Now you've got the speed and you're ready to stomp. Take off all your thug clothes very quickly and change into a polo shirt. The cops are arriving and you need to convince them you are conducting a friction experiment for your high school physics class.
9. Leave before you get arrested. It's Ok because its all set up so you can come hit it tomorrow night.
10. Come back the next night. There is no reason to bring thug clothes or any gear whatsoever. Everything melted today and there is no snow in the forecast for the next ten days.
There...you skied urban. Tell your friends how sick it was.