For school I was assigned a "discovery" project. Which means choose something you want to discover and make a project out of it.
I decided I want to use this project to cover some things in the editing room that I feel I never really have the time for. So far for my technical goals I want to.
1. Explore a variety of colour grading techniques
2. Stabilize shaky footage
3. Work with masks/(photo)sequences in video
4. Transistions using animated shapes and burns
5. digital "zoom" from a wide shot to follow cam shot
6. "earthquake" effects + rgb splits (bad tv)
7. Animated titles with reflections/shadows
SO here's where you come in! I want more ideas! I don't watch as many edits as I used to and it's hard to find the quality stuff sometimes.
Basicly I'm looking for inspiration from ski/snowboard films that are HEavy on the post work.
This could be anything! Tilt shift, unique titles, animations, light streaks(been there done that), glitchy transistions. Knife show videos would be a fitting example. But please post videos other than that :P
The music I plan on using....lets call it dubstep. Even though it's not. But bass heavy, abrupt breaks, chaotic kind of style, quick pacing.
I have a board of professors to ask questions to so even if it seems like a complicated effect throw it in here!