Hey guys I'd like to start getting into photography, mostly for skiing and sports, but would also like an all around camera/lens that could be used for everything. I was considering just getting a GoPro HD hero2 but its mostly for videos. From stickied thread:
2. I own a regular digital camera, but its nothing special. Some type of canon. But I can take good pictures and took media arts one year in school
3. I have a tripod (small one) and a Canon digital camera... can get the model name if needed
4. shooting skiing, some videos, sports, and scenery shots
5. I will be doing almost all of the shooting, but might give my brother the occasional shot to take of me or some other friends.
6. Tripod of follow cams. but also something to hold onto and shoot if on vacation/ for fun
7. I have a Macbook Pro and an iMac desktop with all the latest software. No photoshop though
8. Not to familiar with editing. I've used photoshop at school and edited with iMovie but nothing really extreme.
Please recommend all the gear I will need to get a solid start up. Just let me know if there's anything else that I didn't mention. Thanks guys