Welcome to the Newschoolers forums! You may read the forums as a guest, however you must be a registered member to post. Register to become a member today!
1) What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future?
a. 1000, can get more.
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own?
a. Had an hv40, made a few videos.
3) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
a. a few buddies have canon lens's
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc)
a. Edits, music videos, shorts.
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
a. I’d be doing the filming
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc)
a. Film from tripod, some follow
7) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics, such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great.
a. Macbook pro 13” and Imac 20”
8) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout)
a. Final cut 1-10: 8
---------------------------Optional Section, for those seeking a more intensive upgrade/purchase------------------------
1) Do you think you might consider using a DSLR?
a. Yeah, DOF is great
2) Do you have any knowledge about the HDSLRS?
a. Some not much though
3) Do you know the limitations to using HDSLRS?
a. Not really.
4) Are you willing to take the time to learn about a DSLR, and how to shoot with manual lenses?
5) Again, do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
a. Nope, I’d do it.