The reason im so pissed is cuz i just was out biking and ate shit off a stone path right into this luscious patch of oily ass ivy and im probably gonna be at the hospital in a few days getting steroids to keep me from itching ALL of my skin off. SOO stupid
Just watch it as you get older, interesting to see how it would work with you two being twins. I've heard those that never get it, will later in life. I used to get it bad, but now just get little bits here and there.
Yeah it's all over the trees down here, so much so that I won't touch some dead ones for firewood when I'm falling as it's just too much work and you never get it all off. Always end up getting it when handling firewood that had poison ivy on it.
I might sound like a retard here, and I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure that anybody can get poison ivy, with the exception of a few people that are immune, but if you're allergic to it, it severely affects you. Much worse than if you simply could get it. I remember my sister had to go to the hospital a couple years ago, it spread all over her arms and legs, but with me, I only have a minor itch.
Ever see someone dumb enough to burn it on a brush pile. Full skin coverage wherever the vapor touches you. Which is usually all exposed skin. Knew a guy whose whole face was coated and swollen once after he pulled that move.
So ya, if ya didn't get that, don't ever burn poinson ivy if you get it.
there is this stuff at my local cvs that has little peices of sand/coarse stuff that will open it up, and the solution is a drying thing, so it opens it up, goes in there, drys it out. makes it stop spreading and itching too suprizingly. look for dat shit yo
I don't think there's really any poison ivy out here in CA. However, there's lots of poison oak. My dad acquired some when he went down in a bike race. Looked like a real bitch. He wears Tecnu now prior to going into the coastal range.
When i was younger i was soo allergic to poison ivy it almost killed me... When i was 8 i had such a severe reaction i almost went into a coma because of it. The doctors said if i would have fallen asleep that night i would have went into a coma. Thank god my parents decided to take me to the ER. But strangely now i don't get it anymore.
this is the only way that you can die from poison ivy as well. if you inhale that shit your lungs swell and you suffocate. not a nice way to go. and fuck poison ivy, im in landscaping so that shits constant
I've touched poison ivy literally hundreds of times (I live basically in the woods) and I've never got it. I'm interested to see whether I'll eventually get it at some point in my life or if I'll always have a high tolerance. I mean, I've touched it on purpose before and still never even got an itch.
My pops used to rub it on his arms when he was younger to show his friends that he didn't get it at all. Now later in life he gets little bits here and there. I'd bet you'll get it later in life, but still not as bad as someone who normally gets it.