I'm looking for a High Quality camera to film with (720p?). I am not looking for a contour or GoPro. I am using the question layout that 1337 has provided for us! :)
1) What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future?
I plan on spending 300$ maximum. I have no steady income, so I don't plan on getting anything more than 300$.
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own?
I have filmed many times, and currently film with a camera solely made for photography (very poor quality lol). My experience with filming is essentially pressing the shoot button and holding it still lol.
3) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
I currently only have a tripod.
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc)
I plan on shooting skiing park runs, urban, friends goofing around and longboarding.
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
Yes, I have no experience with a camera, neither do my friends. I am willing to put the effort to learn though.
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc)
Tripods, giving the cam to friends, and some follow cams.
7) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics, such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great.
MacBook 13 inch.
7) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout)
I am 10/10 with iMovie, and i'm 0/10 with Final Cut Express. I have both, and I am planning on learning how to use Final Cut Express once I get some quality footage.
Sorry for another one of these LOOKING FOR A CAMERA sort of thread. +K for quality answers! Thanks.