Here we go:
1)What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future?
THE CHEAPER THE BETTER, IT IS JUST A BEGINNER CAMERA
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own?
ZERO EXPERIENCE, I WANT SOMETHING RELATIVELY SIMPLE
3) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
NONE, BUT I WANT A TRIPOD
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc)
FOR SHOOTING SKIING/OTHER DAY TO DAY STUFF THAT I MIGHT BE DOING. MOSTLY FOR MAKING SHORT LITTLE EDITS
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
DEFINITELY WANT TO HAND TO FRIENDS
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc)
TRIPOD AND HIKE BABY
7) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics, such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great.
OKAY, I DONT KNOW ANY COMPUTER STUFF, BUT I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA AND NO EDITING SOFTWARE OTHER THAN MOVIE MAKER SO IF YOU HAVE SUGGESTIONS FOR A CHEAP, SIMPLE EDITING SOFTWARE THEN THAT WOULD BE SICK
8) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout)
MOVIE MAKER-NEED SOMETHING NEW, I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH
EDITING SO 2
if there is anything i have missed lemme know. Thanks guys, I know nothing about this stuff, so all responses are helpful. +k