Shouldve done this first.
1) What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future?
I'm willing to buy both.
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own?
I have enough experiance to take advantage of both
2) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
Tripod, many lenses, no mic, flashes
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc)
Shorts, documentaries, skiing. Nope, not just skiing.
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
No, thats not really necessary. I'll be doing pretty much all of the filming.
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc)
Follow cams, time-lapse (possibly), tripod, and with a dolly.
7) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics, such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great.
Macbook 13. FC7. 2gb. 320 RAM.
8) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout)
FC7. Im still learing the basics of it. So not that experianced.