1) What is your budget? How much money can you spend right away, and do you think you can get more money to invest in the future?
only looking to spend around $1000 total (body lenses ect.)
2) What experience do you already have with cameras? Have you ever even used one before? Have you helped your friend out with his camera? Have you owned your own?
i have a camcorder, and a gopro, i have helped others with their t3is ect.
2) What gear, if any, do you currently have? (tripod, old camera lenses, mics, etc)
tripod multiple lenses cleaning supplies cables, memory cards
4) What are you planning to shoot and how do you want to use your camera? Are you going to use this with the sole purpose of shooting skiing? or do you think you might try other stuff as well (movies, documentaries, short films, etc)
mainly skiing but also looking to get into short films and other movies and such.
5) Do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
mainly for my use but also to let my friends use to switch off filming
6) When filming skiing, how do you tend to shoot? (follow cams, leave it on record on a tripod and hike, film from a tripod, etc)
follow cams, standing on the knuckle. standing on the lip.
7) What computer do you currently have/use to edit (if not currently editing, what would you most likely use)? If you can provide specifics, such as hard drive space, RAM, processor size, that would be great.
7) What program do you currently edit on? How familiar are you with it (1- just learning; 10- I can make tutorials and know the keyboard layout)
---------------------------Optional Section, for those seeking a more intensive upgrade/purchase------------------------
1) Do you think you might consider using a DSLR?
not sure what this is
2) Do you have any knowledge about the HDSLRS?
3) Do you know the limitations to using HDSLRS?
4) Are you willing to take the time to learn about a DSLR, and how to shoot with manual lenses?
5) Again, do you want a camera that you can hand to your friends, that could or could not have film experience, and let them shoot you? or will you be doing all the filming?
hand to friends buy only after i explain how to use and what to press ect.