well if u have final cut express this should work
Before buying I’ve checked whether I could edit the footage with FCE, as FCE 4 doesn’t handle 60p shooting. I came to the following workflow:
1. Copy MTS files to drive (I use external RAID 1, 2TB drive)
2. Use rewrap2M4V / clipgrab for repacking, this only takes a few seconds and multiple files can be done.
3. Import into MPEG streamclip and output using Apple Intermediate Coded (AIC) as either 59.94 (if used as slow motion) or 29.97 frame rate. File size blows up by factor 6-10.
4. To create smooth slow motion I use JES deinterlacer. Import 59.94 frame rate files and output (again AIC) to 29.97 frame rate with 0.5 x speed
5. Import into FCE. My 1-year old iMac (dual core, 2.66 GHz, 4 GB RAM) has no problem at all to edit this footage.
my internets tweaking but ill grab the rest of the article in a sec