Welcome to the Newschoolers forums! You may read the forums as a guest, however you must be a registered member to post. Register to become a member today!
Ok, if it is your first job
1) you are 15 and a half or 16
2) if 1), like anyone wants some immature brat working a subway
3) if you are like 18 or over, why the fu** didnt you get a job at 15 and a half?? at 15 and a half I got a job at taco bell. Got out of school at noon too (was varsity sports so my PE was independent pe, got credit for working out, and the job actually got me out of a second class, was worth a class for work ed.
Immediately after turning 16 I got a job at Sears as a cashier, since I had cashier experience from TBELL) After about 6 months of that I got a job as a bus boy at a fancy restaraunt where I made tips under the table that basically doubled what I made.
Now some tips.
1) dress nice. Nice as in something your mom would find nice, not one of your friends who thinks wear size 50 pants with your ass showing pointing out to the whole world you are gay and want someone to fudgepack you. Subway is kind of fast food, so dress nice/casual. docker pants, a nice collared shirt
2) Impress upon the manager that you
Have a good personality, ie are pleasant, jovial, will put the customer at ease.
you are a hard worker. Dont just say it, think of ways in life that exemplify this
that you are a good kid. You have interests and work hard to further yourself as a person. Like you are the president of a after school club that does charity work. In other words not a stoner loser, but someone who as charity work would visit the managers mother at a nursing home so they dont feel lonely. Maybe ask your mom what traits she would want if her and your dad went off on a vacation and needed someone to watch over her kids.