Either way I figured this might help some people.
1. Type in "Disk Utility" into finder. Then open it.
2. Then open the File then New then Disk Image From Folder
3. Find and select the folder you want to have the password
4. Then on the bottom drop box select 128 bit AES or what ever. It will say some combination of 128 and AES
5. enter your password and you golden
** It will for it into a .dmg file but don't worry its the folder. Just double click it and type in your password.
If you have Windows, I believe there is a thread on that already just searchbar it