It looks like you are using an ad blocker. That's okay. Who doesn't? But without advertising revenue, we can't keep making this site awesome. Click the link below for instructions on disabling adblock.
So I haven't been on newschoolers for months but I came home tonight and started lurking the internets. I go to yobeat.com and find around 50+ coments under preston strout's article. Really Newschoolers, now this may bring me negative karma, but may I ask why you care? Cared enough to spam the coments yobeat just because he made insulted skiing? Why does it matter, if you like to ski, nothings going to change that passion and spamming a small website with prob under 1,000 doesn't prove shit and just make you look immature and stupid. Just my two cents.
because a little controversy is always entertaining. and i hate to say it but a few of those points of his were sorta true. also, some snowboarders love to drive that wedge between the sports whenever they can- it's what keep it "real"
The doesn't seem to know the difference between his ass and a hole in the ground. Giving skiers shit because their bindings release; yeah, I think we should all just bolt our boots to our skis and just deal with the spiral fractures.
I actually thought the midget envy comment was pretty funny.
I just realized that the racing suit that Preston is wearing is from one of my good friends. My friend Franz Fuchsberger owns Fuxi Racing. http://www.fuxiracingusa.com Franz has great racing stuff, but I'm sure he would agree that it would not be the best Freeriding attire.
Not sure why a guy would model a GS suit if he was making fun of freeriding. A G-Suit probably would have been better. Maybe he just confused the two.
I think the article was funny, albeit slightly offending. Snowboarders do the whole tall tee thing too... why is he hating on us? And skier grabs are soooo much cooler than snowboarders. I mean what can they do? They've got a whole bag of 5 grabs that they can pull off. Pfft, but the article was all in fun so I'm just sayin.
HuckaPotamus (8/14/2009 at 11:49 PM)
Wow. I didn't even think we were on snowboarders' radar. Thanks for the honor Preston. In gratitude I would like to return the favor and present you with a compendium of why I find snowboarding wacky.
Top Ten Reasons Why I Find Snowboarding Wacky
1. Snowboarders copy nearly every damn thing skateboarders do. Sorry gents, even though you're sideways, you're strapped in and they don't care what you do.
2. One-footed tricks look goofy. Stop it, you look like a kiteboarder.
3. Treewells. How do you guys keep dying in those things?
4. Tai-Pan. Roast Beef. Seatbelt. This is grabbing, not Twister
5. The Dingo? Is that guy serious and how'd you let him be the TV face of snowboarding.
6. Excessive trick naming. Del Mar versus Indy? Come on guys, it's tiny shift of your body, not an entirely new grab.
7. Split Boards? Really? You sawed your board in half? Buy a pair of skis already.
8. Tight pants, long hair and headbands. It's like you have Joan Jett envy.
9. For a sport that is obsessed with it's 'core' image, your sure found the geekiest, straightest-edge ginger kid to be your poster child.
10. Although you guys might walk down lodge stairs fast, it's sure fun to blow by ya as you non-mongo your way across that flat cat track.
I don't think we need to attack anyone, especially not a guy like Preston. It's kind of pointless. Nothing wrong with a little humorous pwnage though, but the hate posts on his forum make the posters look like a bunch of angry little pre-pubes. He wins because he made people lose their shit. All the hate posts just give the guy more cred in the snowboard community and have definitely helped out YoBeat. Congrats to the guys who posted the hate. You probably just earned YoBeat a new sponsor.