though you may have done a lot of research on the internet, I dare you to find someone who welds a lot to go and weld zinc without an oxygen source. or some serious ventilation.
the rest of that says
Typical “metal fume fever” begins about 4 hours after exposure, and
full recovery occurs within 48 hours. The symptoms include fever,
chills, thirst, headache and nausea. All of these symptoms, pain and
suffering, as well as lost work (and play) time, can be avoided
entirely by simply not inhaling the zinc oxide fumes.
So I was wrong, it won't kill you. but really, why go and get sick for 2 days? Just don't bother with it.
I mean it could be argued that after doing butt-hash you pretty much go back to normal, but why inhale butt hash?
Sorry for the totally irrelevant and probably unneeded analogy, but it sorta fits.