Welcome to the Newschoolers forums! You may read the forums as a guest, however you must be a registered member to post. Register to become a member today!
1. Newyork- specifically queens bridge. you cant compair the rest of newyork to the bridge. NAS, Wu-Tang, AZ, and of course MOBB Deep. the rest of the city has some heavyweights but nothing like queens brige. and NOT biggie, yeah hes a good Mc but not even close to top 10, yeah hate it.
2. Not LA, for the same reason biggie wouldnt make the top 10. yes they bring some serious club bangers but the quality of the lyrics is just awfull, they are slowly changing but still have a long way to go.
instead i choose chicago. they have one of the best no sorry THEE best conscious Mc, common and you cant doubt that. and kanye west but not as a Mc but as a producer. he just doesnt have the complex rhyme schemes.
since writing this im sure they have been many additions to this thread that make my post redundant but i just feel this is worth saying.
also remember "everything that glitters aint gold, and every gold record doesnt glitter thats for damn sure" - Binary Star
really? have you heard notorious thugs? he flows better in bone thugs style then they even do.
1. Chicago: Common Sense, Lupe, Kanye (production), cool kids, and I guess chicago could claim Black Star in a way.
2. New York: a tribe called quest, Mobb Deep, Jay, Junior MAFIA, Biggie smalls, De la soul, NAS, the list goes on and on
3. THE BAY: most indepedent region of hip hop because of hyphy. E40, mac dre, andre nikatina, HIEROGLYPHICS (souls of mischief, DEL), Living legends (most), zion I, keak, TOO $HORT.
4. Atlanta: OUTKAST, OUTKAST, OUTKAST.
Oh and whoever said BIggie didnt have good lyrics, you must be the most oblivious person on the earth. Your opinion doesnt even matter to me.