Welcome to the Newschoolers forums! You may read the forums as a guest, however you must be a registered member to post.
Register to become a member today!
Revolutionary Idea for a T-Shirt Company
5Hey guys and gals,
I have been tossing this idea around for a long time and am starting about really moving forward on it....
I want to create a t-shirt company that is by the consumer, for the consumer. Basically, the idea behind this is to design a website that will serve as an online shop, as well as a community forum and voting platform. The idea behind this company is simple...
1. To have a clothing company that EVERYONE has input in. No more hoping and praying that a company will come out with a certain product that you will fall in love with.
2. Everything produced by the company would be designed by the consumer via design contests.
3. These designs will be available on the site to vote on, letting the consumer pick which product they like best.
4. The winner of each design contest will earn commission on the sale of their own product... the more of the product that sells, the more money you get, plain and simple.
5. The shirts would not have limitations on the designs, unlike some other online websites which really hold back your creativity. I know shirt manufacturing companies in the area that can get it done.
So basically, for all of you guys that love to design t-shirts... this could be a platform for you to get your designs out there and to see just how successful they are, all while making some money in the process... not too bad right?
What does everyone think?
kind of sounds like threadless.com or designbyhumans.com
but cool idea nonetheless
Someone beat you to it.
coc camp c
i was djskier
Those are indeed quite nice looking... However, I was kind of looking to go more in the direction of the ski/snowboard/skate type of design. Make it more specific to this community rather than just have it be a total free-for-all if that makes any sense. Either way, obviously there can be more than one and still be successful, so who knows, I still may give it a shot.
And those sites are dope, don't get me wrong... but I was looking to do something to make it feel like it is more of YOUR company as opposed to simply designing the shirts and hoping they become the "shirt of the day or month" or whatever. Hence the online forums that would be on the site, to help throw around design ideas and things of the like.
Another thing is that there are WAY too many designs on those sites for it to be something on a more personal level. The shirts would be based off of one particular brand name, but the sky is the limit when it comes to the type of design that you do.
I'm really not looking to make a ton of money off of this idea, I just think it would be a great thing for the ski/board/skate community to basically have their own t-shirt line.
All times are Eastern (-5)