Im at CU-Denver and it is awesome if all you want to do is study and ski. No dorms, so I live in Lakewood, near the mountains. It takes me an hour and 15 minutes to get to breck, keystone, or copper. It takes about an hour to get to winter park, an hour and a half to get to vail or beaver creek. Hour and a half to a-basin as well.
Boulder is a good 30-40 minutes more than all these times, based on traffic. If you drive a fast car, and you drive it fast, you could make it from boulder to vail in an hour and a half if 93 South and I-70 West dont have heavy traffic, and you dont get pulled over.
Here is my steps to prepare for the drive from college to the hills.
1. Carry at least enough pot to smoke one bowl for every hour on the road. This will keep you occupied and keep you in the creative mind for skiing.
2. Bring the powder skis and the park skis. The weather can change really quickly, so be prepared for anything.
3. Have a fake ID or sombody over 21 with you. If you meet some good lookin snow bunnies in the park that have a hotel room, you want to have the booze covered.
4. Organize the carpool, and delogate duties. 4 person teams work best. The guy who drives, handles the car and the gas. The guy riding shotgun handles the pot. One dude in the back handles the alcohol, and the fourth handles the food. Food can be anything from chips and salsa to burgers, to steaks.
5. Plan out the trip before hand so shit has less of a chance of getting fucked up. If it is done right, it will cost each person $20-$50 based on how much stuff you wanna buy. It's at least $5 for each person for gas, $10 for food, $10 for booze and then $10-$20 for pot. Basically call it $50 for the weekend if you want to pimp it, but the more you do it the less it starts to costs as you find your own niche and your own spending limits and budget yourself.
If you wanna know more, need more money saving tips, or want to go ride here in Colorado, send me a message!
Somtimes I just like to sit back and allow all the ignorant people in this world easily ammuse me. Other times they just piss me off.