Welcome to the Newschoolers forums! You may read the forums as a guest, however you must be a registered member to post.
Register to become a member today!
Help choosing which of these skis
The discount prices have arrived and I'm in need of a new pair of skis. I will use them for 70% park. The remaining 30% is mostly on groomers, but maybe a little bit on pow. I already have skis for powder, so it's not an issue if my new skis can't handle it.
I'm a thrifty spender and have found these skis, which are all about $200, which should I buy?
'05/'06 Salomon 1080 Thruster
'06/'07 Salomon 1080 Flyer
'07 Fischer Habit
'07 Rossignol Scratch Pro Juniors
'07 K2 Fujatives
Or maybe something else that's about $200?
Also, I'm 5'6" 120 lbs. Would 151 to 161 length skis be right?
I would go a little bit longer than 161. Im 5'8" and ride 180's.
i would say get the fujatives, cuz they are meant to be mounted a little bit back from center, so they will be better in the pow pow
But they are not fat enough for pow, and he has other pow sicks
dont listen to a word this guy said.
the fujative is a 95% park ski. Once you slide a few rails and boxes and your edges are dull, try ridding anywhere is like skiing on a sheet of ice.
unless you doing 95% park, and the other 5% to get to and from the park, dont go with the fujative. However if you are, hands down awesome ski. Im on my second season with them and i've rode them harddd and they still hold up.
A New Begining.
Best of luck kid, best of luck.
I meant the skis are NOT going to be used much for pow if at all.
The cheapest ones I could find are 169s, but that seems kinda long. It's a little bit taller than me. I can handle GS race skis that are over 170 because I'm a racer, but I'm not that great in the park; plus, I'm only 120 lbs. Seems like my options are 159s or 169s. So should I go for the 169s then?
yes defintly 169 and center mount them
dont go any smaller than 165, thats for sure, and definately go 169 on the fujatves, theyll still handle fine the other 30 percent of the time ur outside the park
169 center mounted fujatives. done.
"Radio? Who needs the radio?"
- Lloyd Christmas
thrusters or fungative (i personnely like the thrusters more but theres lots of argument between the 2) and u should be going 170 on the way short side and 180 a bit on the long side...im guessing ur going to grow more so id say 181 if u go thruster or 179 if u go fungative...id really say a 175 would be best but neither come in that size
"wouldent it be cool to have a dick and a pussy so u could fuck ur self?" - Jake
want to keep skiing? help stop global warming
PM me for an invite to the "ski injury" cult and/or the "K2 and Line skis" cult (dont know how i got into that)
All times are Eastern (-5)