Well, apparently hating on msp is huge these days, so I want my turn.
First off, I must say that some of the shit in this trailor is like, the sickest thing I've ever seen. That rodeo 5 for instance, makes me almost urinate, as does some of the lines that were straightlined.
However, MSP showcased this in such a way as to make my eyes bleed. I don't even...no, I don't understand how you can make skiing so sick, look so overshowcased, into something it's not, to the point where the overglorification just ruins the shot.
observation 1) msp's site looks like it's the webpage for a video game
2) the shot in quicktime (as I'm waiting for it to load)looks like it's of a fucking rocket ship.
3) they ripped the font off of every child's scary story book ever.
4)there is a dragon claw on their title. I don't think I need to elaborate on this.
5) the intro itself made me think I just downloaded the polar express.
6) i've seen these time lapses, I swear to god.
7) they used a snow covered buddha because they suck at documenting the actual culture of an area they visited, so do the most cliche thing ever.
8) three seperate levels of zoom for the same statue.
9) unidentifiable skier standing in the woods for who knows why = not creative lifestyle shot. Sorry guys, that was quite a number of years ago when that was considered "fresh", or even "interesting"
10)hahahaha!!! ZOOM IN of the step into bindings!
11)unnecessary slowmotion drop in to the pipe.
12) !!!! followed by foreground FOLIAGE!!!!
13) chairlift shot from far away.
even though no self respecting big budget company travels to use said chairlift. but would undoubtedly go build some big booter somewhere.
14) "lifestyle" shot of some asian lady, because apparently mocking other cultures is hawt shyte these days
15) sick seven, however, in slowmotion to the point where its distracting
16) helicopter circle two people give each other highfives!
17) really sick line (from a heli though. from the most basic angle i've ever seen. on the most obvious line ever.)
okay. that snowman destruction was actually pretty sick.
18) pointless shot of a female skier not skiing.
19) switch double backflip, in slowmotion, from a helicopter, blocking out the sun.
20) slowmotion to the point where i thought my computer froze
21) the pontoons look like flippers.
22) hurricane off of bridge
23) ok, mark abma actually jsut did the sickest 180 ever, but the lead in was a super rushed 1080, that they definitly should NOT have slowed down, because it makes you realize that it shouldn't have made the trailor.
24) one of their sponsors is subaru
25) voice over on the outro to "get you pysched"
26) did i mention this looks like the outro for the polar express?
Uh yeah, I dont know, save this list for next year, it'll be fun to check things off again.