mods please don't move this to media and arts as it will significantly hurt the results of this thread (thanks)
I am writing a paper for my visual anthropology class. This paper is for my final project and presentation. I have chosen to analyze and illustrate the similarities and parallels between professional ski films and member produced videos that are uploaded onto newschoolers. I will be specifically comparing the standardized format of pro skier video segments with the skier segments posted on newschoolers. I would really appreciate the help of anyone who has produced an edit to answer a few questions – however, some questions can be answered by those who have not made an edit. If you have produced an edit, please list the edit on your profile that you are referencing. For those that are cool enough to want to help me out on this, the more thorough the more helpful you are being – really try to think about the reasons that are being asked in the questions. You don’t necessarily have to answer all the questions, but the more you answer the more I will appreciate it. If you don’t want to share these answers with the rest of NS, then I would just as gladly receive them in pm format, I can assure you that I will NOT disclose any of the information to anyone else. Thankyou.
1. What makes the professional skier segments edits? Keep in mind skiing, filming and editing?
2. What makes the best amateur edits?
3. When seeking out media to see skiers in action, what form do you normally go for? Ski films, competitions, events on tv, magazines, etc?
4. why did you produce a segment style edit? Why not something different?
5. in terms of the way you shot and edited your short, where did you get your filmmaking ideas from?
6. why did you select the music that you did? If it was already in another ski film, why did you use the same music? Did you pick music that was similar to certain ski films? Why?
7. To what degree do you feel that you were influenced by professional ski films?
8. Do you think you are emulating (copying, imitating to produce something of equal quality) professional ski films?
9. If you answered yes to no. 8, why do you do this?
indie lovers unite! the independent music cult