It looks like you are using an ad blocker. That's okay. Who doesn't? But without advertising revenue, we can't keep making this site awesome. Click the link below for instructions on disabling adblock.
I dont have a link or anything becuase im lazy but i just saw on the news that the plastic they used to make nalgene bottles is unsafe. When its heated up, like when you put it in the dishwasher it becomes able to leak poisonous chemicals into w/e it is your drinking. I just threw mine out, i aint goin dieeeee
i use my nalgene for everything, breathing the air from the city is probably just as bad for me as using the same nalgene for like 5 years. How much poison can be in one bottle? Go heckle some smokers you hippy.
becuas they just realized this now.. and whatever you said before.. The idea of my water bottle being made out of something poisonous doesnt really float my boat.. but, hey if thats what your into go nuts
im not certain, but I think that most plastics are like that. no big deal though there is always a new study that ***something ordinary*** will cause cancer/brain damage/heart disease.....whateverim tired of hearing how I am going to die becuase I use a cell phone..
Dude poisons like that are all around you in this plastic world. PVC is everywhere but dont light that shit on fire. They come up with 20 different new substances a day that can cause cancer. Nalgene bottles are made of plastics not too different from what a lot of other things are made of. If you want to throw out everything plastic that can be a poison, it would probably be quicker to just light the house on fire.
nalgene bottles are pretty much indestructable. One day before cross country practice, some of my friends and i were broed so we took this kids nalgene and tried to break it on our concrete stadium steps at our school. No matter how hard we threw it at the corners of the steps right below us, or 100 feet down, it wouldn't break. It would bounce so high too. Yeah, then I found $20.
first of all, the safest material that bottles are made out of is glass. but very few bottles are made of glass. then aluminum (sigg) bottles and lexan plasic(nalgene) are the next safest type of bottle. there is very little risk of chemicals leeching out of those two materials. however, the material used in pop bottles, and bottled water bottles is far more dangerous than the above two. these types of bottles should only be used a maximum of 3 times.
you got it all wrong, the lexan ones are fine, its the light weight HDPE white ones that are fucked, especially when you put hot liquids in them. lexan is money, plus who the hell washes their nalgene anyways? you gotta have the funk
Well during my 15 minutes of research on the subject I've come to the conclusion that there is little to no danger from Nalgene Bottles. The bottles leach Bisphenol A which disrupts the endocrine system. The only real talk of a health risk I found was in fetus development during certain windows of development. So little is released that until recently it was undectable.
oh and in related news and new killer substance has been found: DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!!!!!!
The dangers of dihydrogen monoxide include:
* Also called "hydroxyl acid", the substance is a major component of acid rain;
* Contributes to soil erosion;
* Contributes to the greenhouse effect;
* Accelerates corrosion and breakdown of electrical equipment;
* Excessive ingestion may cause various unpleasant effects;
* Prolonged contact with its solid form results in severe tissue damage;
* Inhalation, even in small quantities, may cause death;
* Its gaseous form may cause severe burns;
* It has been found in the tumors of terminal cancer patients;
* Withdrawal by those addicted to the substance causes certain death within 168 hours;
Nevertheless, governments and corporations continue using it widely, heedless of its grave dangers.
Or how about not putting hot liquids in them, or not filling it with anything besides water? Water bottles, especially Nalgenes, are a bitch and a half to clean out when they have a bunch of sugar and shit in them from fruit drinks. But other than that, yeah, thats kind of scary.