As the first chill of winter arrives and our thicker coats, hats and gloves come out of hiding, our thoughts turn towards whether this winter will offer us a winter wonderland with great snow pack and fresh powder. It's only October, and with fresh snow being reported on six resorts in the Alps and a forecast for heavy snow across Europe, we can be optimistic that a white Christmas is on the cards. To add to our excitement, the first El Nino in five years is brewing this year, meaning that Europe can be poised to take advantage of the weaker jet stream. This results in colder than normal temperatures producing large amounts of snow! With these predictions in mind, 2015 is shaping up to be the perfect year to plan a family ski holiday over the Christmas season.
What could be more memorable than a magical Christmas Ski holiday in the Alps? With its picture perfect backdrop of snow-covered peaks and twinkling lights of the Christmas festivals, the French Alps offer the perfect setting for an unforgettable Ski Holiday over the Christmas and New Year's holiday period. You're guaranteed to keep everyone content with the great range of activities available in the French Alps. Whether it's the thrill of first tracks, heli-skiing or an ice driving adventure; a day spent relaxing with a soothing spa session; strolling through the Christmas markets, or; simply warming by a log fire, a Christmas ski holiday will satisfy all. What family wouldn't like to get away from all the stresses of the holiday season and enjoy spending quality time together in a lovely festive atmosphere? With no worries of finding a tree, decorations or Christmas lunch, your hotel or chalet will take care of it all, leaving you and your family to have fun and relax together. The promise of a snowy season makes this holiday season the perfect time to book your Christmas ski holiday.
Top Winter Activities for the Entire Family:
1. Ski/Snowboard - Whether you are a seasoned expert or you're simply looking for a refresher lesson, you'll be sure to have a fun time on the slopes - plus what better backdrop could you wish for than the beautiful French Alps?
2. Cross Country Ski – As a group, you will set a pace that everyone can enjoy, with the peace and quiet of beautiful mountain scenery. Cross country skiing is an enjoyable day out for all age groups.
3. Bobsleigh or Ice Driving - Do you have a need for more speed? Why not have a go on a bobsleigh run or take a spin on a rally ice course? Adrenaline assured!
4. Ice-Skating - What could be more idyllic than skating on a frozen pond with Christmas music playing and falling snow, underneath the twinkling of Christmas lights? Beautiful!
5. Relaxing - Why not Après Ski Spa? Soothe tired muscles with a relaxing massage, and then warm up with a hot tub or sauna. Indulge yourself and enjoy!
If you are looking to treat your family to a luxurious ski holiday this Christmas contact SnowChateaux to book your perfect catered ski chalet holiday in France. SnowChateaux offers ski chalet packages to fit all your needs. With 4 world class top ski resorts to choose from featuring ski in/ski out chalets, hot tubs, game rooms and much more, your perfect Christmas Ski holiday is waiting for you to book today!